Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Post-Birthday post(LoL)

I've turned 20!!
2 decades old!! =S
Old like shit!! I'm gonna miss having my number 1 in front of my age. =P

This is the first time I'll be celebrating my B'day in London
wait..nope...This will be my second time! =P
The first was when I was 6 years old. I can only remember it after watching old home videos. Me and my brother trying to blow out the candles on my cake in my aunt's house. =))

Fast forward 14 years later.

Shaun and I left for the train station at about 9.30am.

Reached our 1st destination at about 10.45am.
The Imperial War Museum London. =D
They have new exhibitions since I last came in 2006. And I think they keep changing what they show..so as to not make it boring...BUT BUT...why did they have to take away the D-Day section!! =(

That was like the best one ever!!

Got to see my favourite tank..=D
And they had a Trench Warfare exhibition..that was awesome!

And Shaun was telling me that the War Museum in South Korea is much bigger than this one. And they displayed nuclear warheads and huge planes..=D

I WANNA SEE!!!


Ok then, not running away from the war theme. The HMS Belfast was our 3rd destination. =D
Shaun found a 2 for 1 offer. So we only had to pay something like £6 each..=D

It was SOOOOOOO NICE!!!! From the outside, it looks kinds small...BUT it's really HUGE!!!
Climbing up and down the super narrow staircases and venturing into different parts of the ship was damn cool!

And the narrow spaces reminded me of the Cu Chi tunnels in Vietnam.

The staircases were so narrow, and some of it quite low..at times Shaun and I even had to duck our heads down so as to avoid the ceiling..I mean..wouldn't the sailors of this ship be taller and much bigger size than us?

Too bad we couldn't visit the engine room..it was closed due to unforeseen circumstances. Shaun was saying that it will forever be closed, because they don't want the people to know that it is a working ship and ready for battle...LOLS!!!


Now leaving all the war stuff behind...We went to lunch at a shop opposite King's Cross Station.
This was after visiting the Imperial War Museum.

It was a place called Chop Chop noodle Bar. My aunty told me about this.

AND THIS IS WHAT I ATE!! =D
Singapore Curry Laksa! With fish cake, 3 prawns, and taufu pok. Only £3.90! =)))))

Shaun had the seafood noodle, and we ordered spare ribs as well..=D

After a really satisfying meal..we then left for the Belfast..then walked across Tower Bridge, then went to Wong Kei for dinner..=D

Then we arrived back in Reading at about 9.30pm. =D

Oh, and this is what I bought from the Museum..hehe...XD

And when I came back to Wessex, I got a cake! =D

From Hayley, Laura, Alice, Katiy and Dave..=D


My 20th Birthday was a good day..=D

No comments: