Friday, May 14, 2010

It was sooo crazy...

..but SOOO FUN at the same time.

Never cooked for 8 ppl before...luckily they were all recipes I knew by heart.


What went wrong?
The tin tomatoes tasted like tomato ketchup. =(
*thank god the basil sort of covered that up quite a bit.

The roast chicken wouldn't brown in top. =((
*it took like 45-50 minutes to get brown.

The "British Radishes" suck!!!
*if you were to blindfold me and put THAT radish in my mouth..I would've told you that it was something crunchy with no flavour whatsoever! =(((


What went right?
The potato salad..=D
*You can't really beat creme fraiche and lemon juice..=D

The roast chicken leg and stuffed chicken breast.
*Rosemary and lemon is a super combo (all hail Jamie Oliver) and you can't beat pesto and parmesan in a chicken breast wrapped with Prosciutto di Parma (Parma Ham..or as Ee Kai calls it.."Paria Ham"...HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Joker weh that fellow)

The pasta..
*I think it just fell short of a 2-2..XD
NEVER EVER USE Sainsbury's brand tin tomato. It's a shit product!!
Napolina all the way. Or back in Malaysia, S&W all the way..=D


Luckily the two chicken dishes will always be a winner..=D
And a potato salad..DONE PROPERLY (not just with mayo)..is always a crowd pleaser..=D
*I think this has got to be the best family pic of all time..=D
*I've got a new brother..LOLS!! Tan Ee Kai!! XD

And with Zili around..you know there's bound to be some random comment.
Zili: Eh Justin, you know you've got a secret weapon to get girls..any girl will fall for you with this food.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Then I must be doing something wrong...I'm SAL!!
*Ketua SAL (used to be a department in Subang Utama's Library) some more..XD
SAL = Self-assessment Learning.
SAL = Single All Life...XD

I'VE BEEN CURSED!! Wasn't it Erik that put me in this dept.? grrr!!..ROFL!!


There was so much pressure to put out great food..it was one of the hardest thing I had to do thus far. *the competition back in Form 5 was a waste of time..

One other hard thing I've done was mooting. *that was shit as well...

But if I had to choose one of the above to do all over again...hehe...the answer is already so obvious. ;)

Stayed up till quite late..about 1am talking, and playing Mafia.

Slept at Shaun's room..and again, reminiscing old memories.
We were discussing how hard law school was..then compare that to Form 5..LOL!!!
All the empty maths exercise books, Mod Maths 1, Mod Maths 2, Add Maths 1, Add Maths 2, Add Maths 3. How may books were even used? hehe...XD
All the empty pages used to play Conquer...lol!!

Life was good back then..=)

But it's so ironic..when you were younger..you always wanted to end school life ASAP, and go to college. No restrictions, no uniforms, air-cond rooms.

Now?
I wanna go back to Form 4/5.

It's been 4 years..but Shaun and I can still remember it like it was yesterday. Who sat where, who did what, gossips, teachers..
..but we can't really remember how college or Year 1 was, as clearly..I wonder why?

No comments: