Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm not who I used to be...

This may well be one of my longest post...EVER!!
This year, I'll be turning 17, but the 15th and the 16th year of my life was the most fun I had as my class( Form 4/5 Beta) was the perfect class, and I had the perfect friends. =)


This was the only class I stayed with together for 2 years, as in previous years, I would go to a lower class.



This picture beside, we're with our Moral teacher...and I think you would be able to spot me out. This isn't our whole class, but it is one of the nicest looking one with me and my class.



Lets start with Form 4. I only knew a few people then. Shaun and Ken Hou were the two I knew best, as I was in the same class as them in Form 2(Omega). I sat with Shaun since day 1, and as time went on, the whole class was getting to know each other really well.





This was us when we were in Form 4.( sorry if the pic is a bit blur)


We had all kinds of things to talk about, and not one day would be boring. This is also the time when i got back my passion for badminton because about 7 people in my class has an interest in this game.


The good ones are Hock Chin, Erwin, and Eu Yang. They are the ones I have always wanted to beat, and till today, they still are.

The teacher on the right ( yes! to all Betas, you know what i'm gonna talk about.), is our accounts teacher. Name, Pn Pan( Low Kwee Fong). At first, I always looked forward to her lessons, but as time passed, everyone knew why our seniors always complain about her.

She will always 'char' you, if you don't do her work, don't get good results for her paper, and especially if you're one of the weaker ones. I think majority were weak, so there were always many 'shows' to watch during accounts class, and no one ever wanted to be the 'main actor' for the lesson...but if anyone knows, I was the 'main actor' for quite some time during Form 4, but less during Form 5 as Ian Kok took over my role...LOLZ =).

We would always talk about teachers behind their backs ( isn't that what all students do?), especially PAN! No one could ever stand her, and, if i'm not mistaken, she threatened us, if we did not hand in her work, she would minus marks from our exam...MEAN!!! =(

She would also discriminate the weaker students from the strong ones, like "the weaker ones, do Question 1, 2, 3. The strong ones do 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on." I mean which teacher does that?! Shouldn't it be the other way around? Enough about accounts, I could go on forever.

In Form 5, there was another teacher who was a menace, but mainly only to Shaun...Pn Christina!!! Too bad I don't have her picture. She was our Chemistry teacher.

When we moved on to Form 5, my grades were getting better, and some pressure was lifted off of me from some subjects. And I sat with Shaun, again, until around mid-year. We would always talk about whats in the news, especially about Bush, if there are any news about him, and about law. Both of us want to be lawyers ( but he's on the fence right now), and always joked about setting up 'Wong and Kang'...or was it 'Kang and Wong' like he always said.



Hock Chin, Lai Hing and Eu Yang are seated around us, and we would always talk, mainly crap, and we would most of the times, 'char' each other as well, but I get most of it as they would always group up and 'char' me...right Eu Yang?!...LOLZ. =). Haiz, good old days.


The guys head turning away is Hock Chin, and you can see part of my head. The guy beside me is Eu Yang...the noisy one, and the one in front of him is Lai Hing...I'm not sure where Shaun is at that time.

I was, and still am, the one to always challenge Hock Chin to a one-on-one badminton match, and he always accepted it. But I was also known as the one to never beat Hock Chin and always boast about beating him...hehe. I'll get you one day...mark my word! =)

Our class, quite often played badminton together, and it was always never fun to lose to Hock Chin in front of them...lolz.

I was always the talkative one, talking about badminton and other crappy stuff. I think ( any Betas, please clarify my statement if required), I was one of the most jovial person in my class, next to Eu Yang (as seen in the picture above). And I can still remember, my signature thing I always did...lolz. I was always the first one to say "Hi !" to anyone in the class or entering, and I would sometimes disturb Hock Chin, and just say "Hi", and he would say, "crap la you", and turn away...lolz. Yup, I have to much time on my hand.

I would seldom get angry ( I think only a couple of times), and when I do, it is usually a big issue and some would say, "Whoa! Justin can get angry"...lolz. =). And I'm seldom very quiet in class, too much to talk about.

My best friend is Shaun Kang. He knows a lot about me( more than any of my other friends), and we would always 'click' when talking about many topics. For the rest of the 5 Beta, I would feel comfortable being around them, as they are great friends.

Like in my current class( PL1), I'm now so so so so quiet. Because, they're, most of the time, not on the same wave line as me. They talk about music, I talk( seldom) about other stuff. I'm just not myself or like how I was in 5 Beta. My attitude and my actions are totally different from when I was studying in Subang Utama. My classmates are nice people, but I'm more comfortable with BETA!! I, most of the time just listen in on their conversation, and give a smile or laugh once in a while if there is anything funny.

I seriously miss 5 Beta, so I actually intend on doing something...its a secret, shhhh.

Even though these 2 years was the roughest time I had ( I had tuition at least 3 hours a day, and my results we're slipping like nobodies business, but regained quite a bit during Form 5), I came out on top a winner, with friends like Shaun, Hock Chin, Ken Hou, Eu Yang, Shien Ken, Lai Hing, Teck Weng, Adeline, Tieng Wei, Yean Ling, Pei Min, Ann Li, Rabiatul, Hazwani and the other 5 Beta students.

This is us







These are just some random pics of me and my class.














I have much more pictures of my class, but I think for the time being, this is alright.

*Maybe i'll use 'Flickr" to post my photos.

This post is to all 5 Betas out there!! Hoped you enjoyed it.

4 comments:

lingling said...

i saw my name in there!
wow..really happy 2 noe tat u miss beta's..yea..d lifestyle there was nice..but no doubt tat college life is fun too ryte..jz forget d assignment part..
hmm..how come u dun be d one u wanna b? u should jz influence those tat dun like badminton 2 like i n hate music instead..lolx..
n..i so agree wif d teacher's part..all of them n definitely the pn. pan's part..
badminton..nvr go wif u guys b4..anymore meetings pls inform me..will try my best 2 attend..n..u finally admit tat u cant beat hc n all..hahaa..! so the match still goin on huh?!
well..hope u enjoy coll life..dun c u often 2..hmm..how come..haha..
put more pic wif ur new coll frends la..curiouslaa..
when beta meeting up again?!
guess its 2 long..ciao!

Anonymous said...

hehehe, i saw my name too... somemore appear so many times =P
This entry is just soooo touching, Justin ar Justin, u just reminded me about secondary school's life...miss it so much..
This is my advice, no matter where u r, u should adapt to it.. like me, working, even though its quite tiring sometimes, I enjoy every moment of it, and i even hang out with my colleagues few times, and lost my phone( swt swt swt )hahaha...
I think what u need is time to know ur classmate better like how u did in form4, right ? At first i dint even bother to talk to u, but now ?? hehe, cha u everytime..hehe...
I MISS 5BETA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Axedus said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I really appreciate it.
No doubt that college life is damn fun, but, their interests and and mine are quite different.

Not so easy to influence them to play badminton, unlike how it was in 4/5 Beta. Only 1 guy in my current class play badminton.

I think 3 months is quite a long time ledi. I think i shuld know them quite well. But in 4 Beta, we started getting to know each other quite early, rite?

Badminton, I may admit it now, but the next time we meet, even if hock chin is still superior, i'll at least give him a run for his money and not make it ez for him.

Beta re-union? tieng wei at NS rite? i tink wait for her 1st

Anonymous said...

Good words.