Monday, April 16, 2007

The greatest match EVER!!!

This morning, I played badminton with 3 other friends. Wyhow, Erik and Hock Chin.
I went to play that morning thinking I was the 2nd best player of the day, after my win over Wyhow (21-18, 21-15) sometime last week.

He came back with a vengeance!!!!

Wyhow and I played 1 game, which he won ( 21-19). it was a close match, but he emerged ahead of me. A bit of disappointment for me, but I thought, what the heck. I'll get him later. I DIDN'T.

This was because later after a few doubles match, Wyhow was fighting Hock Chin, and I was fighting Erik. I LOST!!!! 21-13!! That was the score and the biggest lost for me since Form 5!!. I can't remember at all the last time Erik had beaten me. Too demoralized to pick a fight with Wyhow. But I still went on to challenge Hock Chin, as I know his game quite well. It was the match I would remember for a very very long time, after the time I had lost to him 22-20 in form 5.

No doubt I lost to Hock Chin 21-9, 21-10, he had to fight me almost as much as he would have too, against Hee Ian. I was a different player altogether, and this was the first time I got Hock Chin to push himself a lot during any of our matches so far. I smashed at him in the first game, I don't know at which point, about 7 times...CONTINUOUSLY!!! It was crazy to the both of us. I've never smashed so many times in a game before! He was bewildered, and so was I!!

There were also times when I did some shots, from what I've learned in training, like a cross-court drop shot. It was amazing!! Hock Chin couldn't even retrieve it! And many more of my shots and smashes made Hock Chin let out a sigh of frustration, because he couldn't hit it back!! It was 2 good matches, but I still lost in the end. Ask Hock Chin about any of the details, and he would tell you the same...almost.

* The poll is still going on, but I just needed to post this up. cyaz

No comments: