Saturday, September 8, 2007

Post-trials

AS trials are over!!! 2 weeks break!!!
The trials went quite well, hopefully I can get better results than Semester 1.

Pushing away the all the exams, Erik suggested to watch a movie at around 12. So to Summit I went, meeting up with Erik, Hee Ian, Basil and Chong Yong. Erik already watched Ratatouille, so we watched Invasion, starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. It was just an ok movie, nothing to shout about, but Erik was like freaking out; kept looking at his watch as if the movie was going on for a lifetime. And after the show, he said that the show was rated wrongly...LOL!!!

The movie wasn't all that scary, neither was it any thrilling. It was just disgusting the way they (microorganisms from outer space that invades human bodies) infect other people. You guys can go and see it for yourselves. No more drinking coffee or tea unless I see the person who made it first.

After that, went home to prepare for badminton at 4 at Jaya square. I was so pumped up to play badminton after a two week break. On arrival, most of them were already there ( Zhang Rei brought 8 friends, and Hee Ian brought 8 as well, totalling 18. Hee Ian Booked 4 courts). Out of the total 6 games that I played, I only managed to win 1. =( . That was against Zhang Rei and one of his friends. I partnered with my brother the whole time.

The other 5 games, all had Hee Ian on the team!!! Grrrr!! Lost to Hee Ian-Eu Yang, Hee Ian-Peng Shen( sorry, don't know how your name is spelt) 21-19, both. We should have won both!! Haiz...so I thought, lets put those behind, and challenge Hee Ian-His nephew. That's right, you're not seeing wrongly, its his nephew. He played a very fast attacking game, and just broke our defences. Apart from the damn strong players at training, I've never played against anyone who jumps and smashes down the line! My brother and I couldn't do much, as they played a very flat game, and when the occasional high ball was given, my drop shots were most of the time hitting the white tape. We lost to them 21-13 the 1st time. Then we played a second, and they were leading 18-8!! We were being thrashed. His nephew definitely knew my weakness, my deep backhand.

In the third, at least we got 2 digits, but I can't really remember how much. It was a tough match for me, mentally, but physically, I could have played against them for another 40 minutes maybe. I wasn't all that tired. But I think that, Hock Chin is a much stronger player than Hee Ian 's nephew, but the combination of uncle and nephew is much deadlier than that of Hock Chin and Hee Ian, dunno why.

So, the lesson learned from yesterday's badminton is, never underestimate someone who is supposed to be 'younger' than you, and I need to work on my game.

Is there, by any chance, any PL1 or PB2 students that would want to play badminton during the holidays? just say so if you want ok. =)

Oh, and I decided to incorporate my recipes into this blog, rather than the other, as there aren't many that are going there.=(

I also decided to change the look of my blog, anyone like it?

If you don't, then just get used to it =)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO MY A-LEVEL FRIENDS
and, study hard as the real AS exams are just around the corner =)

No comments: