Saturday, January 3, 2009

What I have been up to this whole year...=P

Last year on the 31st of December, I was at Saujana with my family (excluding my bro cause he went for a BBQ) attending the yearly New Year's Party.

The food was kinda weird this time round, cause it was a sit-down dinner instead of their regular buffet style, and it was chinese instead of international, but the food was quite nice. Didn't win any prizes from lucky draw this year. The table next to us got 6 prizes...lols.

After the countdown, we went to pick my brother up then headed home. Had to sleep early cause we were headed to Singapore at about 8 am. This was to settle all my brother's documents with the immigration, set up a bank account with POSB and then submit something to the college. He's gonna study his pre-U in Singapore cause he was awarded a merit scholarship.

We were only in Singapore for one night, and we stayed at YMCA, orchard road. It isn't as bad as I imagined it to be...quite nice actually. Breakfast got Har Kao...don't play play. =)

The best thing about it, they have WiFi at the hostel!

2 words.......

AWESOME INTERNET!!!!!

The fastest Internet connection I have used in my life.

But I think I'll get to use even faster Internet when I go to the UK, cause my aunts in London recently got a 6GB Internet connection at their place!! They could get 6GB cause the area that they are living at doesn't have many Internet users...hehe.

sweeeeeettt....

While in Singapore, didn't do much shopping cause I'm not much of a shopper, even though the shopping centre near the hostel had many shops with quite good discounts. Hang Ten shirts sold at about $5 each. Also, I was too preoccupied with the Internet.=)

The first night we went to Chinatown to eat. Got damn many people there. I had the prawn mee...which was FREAKING SPICY!!

The following day we went to the shopping centre again, while my father and my brother went to the immigration department to get something, but none of the shops were open yet, and it was already 10.45am. Damn lazy people...LOLS!!

After that we went to the college to submit something and then to Toa Payoh to set up a bank account and then lunch and then to Melaka to meet up with my cousin and cousin-in-law, Phine che che and Ivan kor kor.

We arrived at Ivan kor kor's parent's house at about 6 pm, still too early to eat, so we went on a tour around Melaka town, with him being the tour guide..lols. We passed by a ferris wheel in Melaka, and Ivan kor kor made a joke;

Ivan kor kor: Now, this is the biggest joke of Melaka! (pointing at the stupid ferris wheel standing alone)

All: LOL!!

Ivan kk: Spend so much on this, then they move the Eye-on-Malaysia here.

After that we went to eat at a nyonya restaurant. The food was quite nice, especially the fried chicken. The sambal belacan rocks!!

After that, we went on another tour around Melaka, and then Ivan kor kor said that there's a place selling Roti John that's really nice. We stopped by to pick up 2 Roti John. I'm not a fan of sardine, but this Roti John was deep-fried and it was Fantastic!! My family shared 1, while Ivan kor kor took the other..he didn't seem to eat much during dinner, I think that's why he suggested the Roti John...=)

Anyway, Thanks for the Roti John Ivan kor kor!!

After that, my cousin headed home, and so did we.

I have a test on Monday and I was out in Singapore and Melaka enjoying myself...hehe. Luckily it doesn't count towards the end marks...pity Dominic.

Now, my brother has just gotten his new laptop, and I'm waiting for my mom to come back with lunch while sending my bro to badminton at 3K. =)

Happy New Year people!!

No comments: