Thursday, July 29, 2010

It has everything.

One is a place.

One is a machine.



The World's biggest food and wine center!
It's in Turin, Italy.

I totally forgot all about this until I recently read that Mario Batali was opening one, with the same concept, in New York. =DD

Now I have just added Turin to my ever expanding list of places I want to go in Italy.

Naples, Tuscany, Modena, Amalfi coast, Bologna, Milan, Sicily, Alba, Venice, Parma, Puglia, Rome and Maranello(The Ferrari Museum). =P

And yesterday I plotted a course to Eataly, Turin from Mackinder...HAHA!!
It would take 12 over hours, over 800 miles and through France. =D

ROADTRIP!!!!!!
I would so love to see this place. =)


Now..on to the machine that has everything...or rather can do everything, with the exception of roasting, toasting and deep-frying. =P

I give you the....

THERMOMIX
Just got back from a demo at my aunty's place. She bought it so that she could cook for my grandparents. Easier, healthier and all those stuff.

RM5000++!!!!!

Even a person who doesn't know how to cook would be able to "cook" dishes.
The lady was saying that last time..ppl didn't know how to wash clothes, and now everyone can wash clothes with a washing machine. Just press a few buttons and...taadaa!

Is this gonna replace a real kitchen?

I love cooking not because i just love to eat...but the sights, the smells, the sounds, the feeling, the heat and the accomplishment. THAT'S the main reason why I love cooking. It's exciting!

No doubt, gadgets have helped us along the way...but to take away the atmosphere of a kitchen...I'm not so sure. I can't imagine a kid seeing someone use this to put food on the table be excited about cooking.

The lady also said that Ferran Adria uses this. I'm not surprised. He's doing molecular gastronomy. It's more on the science of food, to achieve something totally different with different methods. I won't even be surprised if Heston Blumenthal or Wylie Dufresne have a few lying about in their kitchen.
It's not traditional cooking..that's for sure.

Imagine this. Iron Chef America. Bobby Flay has one, the challenger has one. The Chairman goes, "Allez cuisine!!". And they start pushing buttons...ROFL!!!!
That would be really hilarious!! XD

I'm not particularly in favour of it replacing a real kitchen or a real cook...but who knows...30-40 years down the road...every house might have one.

The only good thing I like about this machine..is that it cleans itself. =P
A little water..a click of a button..taadaa! XD


Alright..enough of me ranting...Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sales lady should be playing Wonder Girls~~~i want nobody, nobody, but you at the end of the presentation~~~ sure close sales!!! LOL