Thursday, February 5, 2009

"NO, I CANNOT!"

This put the next hour or so into almost chaos!!

Today started of o...k. My parents left for Singapore early this morning to sort some stuff for my brother...leaving me and my sis with my grandparents. Well, that's not the story...=P

I had to wake up early to leave as I was driving to college on my own, for the first time I think, to get a parking lot near the SS14 bridge.

Fast forward to contract class.

"she" decided to start by recapping what we studied yesterday about fundamental breach. The first person that she shot at was Nicholas(he was sitting next to me). Then the next question was thrown at me...luckily I wrote down what the case was about in my module handbook..*escape*. =P
Any contract class is like 10 days of stress. *Feel free to comment me on this...=)

I think most people left the class with their spirits low...or in Nicholas' case, 'a fundamental breach' to his brain....XD

We went for lunch after class, but Ikram, Shermaine and Deborah had to go for a meeting with Mr Harmahinder.

So I went with Elisa, Nicholas, Justin Liew, Sanjeve and Cassandra to AC. When Nick, Justin and Sanjeve were about to leave for Criminal, Ikram, Shermaine and Deborah arrived...=)
They had their lunch and we had no idea what to do for 2 hours.

Legal Skills was at 2pm.

Shermaine and Elisa went back to college to discuss their moot question. The 4 of us left went to the ECA to play foosball. RM2 for 10 balls. It was fun, but everyone was going for glory and it ended rather abruptly...lols

Lets play again some other time...I'll bring the 50cent coins....=D

After that we played a round of pingpong...if you can even call that pingpong. After the 3rd hit, every ball would fly out...LOL.

Then it was 2pm, and we left for legal skills class, which was actually Mr Lai giving a briefing on what to do for the moot...especially for all those starting next week(me included...*curse*).

The amount of work required to do, after listening to Mr Lai talk, is a hell lot!!

Oh, and for this moot, he said that we could ask our lecturers about the respective moot topic for help or advise. So we(myself, Justin, Nicol and Evelyn) saw "her" and this is what happened.

Justin Liew: Urm, miss. Can you help us with our moot question?
"her": No, I cannot.

*walks further away

"her": Yours is contract is it?
Us: Yeah.

*sarcastic smile

*no comment*

This all happened outside of the class that we just had our briefing.

We told Mr Lai about it...*another smile from a lecturer*

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!

We decided to see Ms Usha about our moot problem after 2 lecturers did not seem interested to offer help or even advise.
Ms Usha was our former Tort lecturer, and one of the most approachable and student-friendly lecturers we had.

She helped us out by guiding us what to do. I really appreciate her helping us out...=D

Thank You Ms Usha!!!!!

After we left her office, I met Ms Sujata, my A-levels Business Studies lecturer. We talked a bit about some stuff, and then we gossiped....lols!!
After the gossip, she was a bit worried about some stuff. I apologise if I worried her about her son's prospect of studying law at a place that I know very well...

Then she left for her office, and I met Deborah and Shermaine outside the Pre-U Office. We gossiped some more...=D

After that we left our separate ways.

On the way home I bought The Star and a can of A&W Rootbeer...nice.

Didn't have much time to read it as all of a sudden when I got home. The phone rang, Poslaju guy came after i just hung up, needed to find shampoo for my grandmother, phone rang again, took a shower, another phone rang, blogging(paused for a while), ran downstairs to call someone for my grandfather, continued blogging, phone rang.
*all the phone calls were different people

Dinner will be at my uncle's house, but my sister wants to try out the new Japanese Restaurant. My mom said we could do so. XD

So I think I deserve a break...
Don't you think so? =D

*ps.
I for got to add that the bundle of authorities which can be hundreds of pages long, the cost of printing and binding 5 copies of it has to be paid for ourselves!!
And this mooting is compulsory work!!
Cheapskates!!

No comments: