Saturday, February 7, 2009

Community Service..=)

No...I wasn't charged by the courts to do this....


The Law school has a Community Service club, and most of us are taking turns to visit this home called Trinity Home(I think). A home or orphanages.
We're gonna raise funds for the home to build them a mini library. =)

This is the first week we're visiting them. My group consisted of Maureen, Cassandra, Sanjeve, Sara, Fay/Fei/Fey(I dunno how to spell her name) and myself.
Fay is from the Jan intake of the law school.

Sanjeve picked Sara up, then he picked me up at about 9.20am. None of my friends have ever found it easy to find my place...=P

We met up with Cassandra and Maureen at one of the photocopy centres in front of Taylors. When Fay came, then we left for the home.

Maureen had directions to the place on a piece of paper, and she gave it to Sanjeve. We went in 2 cars, Sanjeve and Cassandra were driving. Cassandra followed Sanjeve's car. The directions were quite simple to follow, and we reached there in no time. 

There were about 15 kids there. Most of them are quite young. There are about 5 kids in secondary school.

The kids were all so cute, especially "Super Star"...=D

We are gonna raise funds by selling cookies and sweets(and cards I think) for Valentines Day.
Sara baked the cookies and brought them to the home to be decorated with sprinkles. The cookies were great!

The sweets were bought by Leena and were packed by the kids. 

After we were done, we played some games with them. Then some of the kids(well the older ones) played football with Sanjeve, Cassandra and Fay.

Sara and myself were playing with the rest of the kids, indoors. Sara played carom, while I was playing Uno Stacko(don't know what the real name of the game is). The kids playing this had their own rules...=)
You can hold the stack while pulling the tiles out! It was very funny the way they were doing it...=)

After a while, those playing football came in to play carom and the stacking game(I'll refer this game by this name...=D).

"Super Star" kept building all kinds of stuff with the blocks from the stacking game. He even built a church!!! 
Sanjeve took a picture, I'll try to get it from him.

The structure was amazing!!

It was about 12.30pm, and we decided to leave. 

When we left, Maureen wanted to go to Mydin to see if there are ribbons for sale there. Sara needed to go home, and Sanjeve needed to take a bath after football.

Cassandra took Maureen and Fay to Mydin, while Sanjeve sent Sara back home and then I went to Sanjeve's house cause he needed a shower.

After that, we met up with Cassandra, Maureen and Fay for lunch at AC.

After lunch, then Sanjeve sent me home. Fay also stays in SS14 and she offered to send me home, but Sanjeve sent me home cause I left my bag in his car. 

And now, I'm kinda tired, but I have to read up on the cases for the stupid moot this coming Thursday...haiz...

Cyaz!!

No comments: