Sunday, January 27, 2008

What a Day!!

Whoa!! It has been a good day of badminton for me and for the rest of the world (except China).

Today's training was different from normal days. Different meaning, TOUGHER!! I won't go into details about the training, but I will about the games I played.

After training, I could feel my lungs burning, and every breath I took, my dry throat was killing me. It took me about 15 minutes 2 get back to normal again. After that, I only played a total of 2 games ( not much compared with other days).

The first was Daryl and I against Ginasen-Gabriel (they are going for MSSD). I learned a lot about playing doubles in just 15 minutes from Daryl. Hehe...not gonna share any tips with you guys. Maybe its just me, but when ever I play with anyone that is much much superior than I am, I always up my game.

I retrieved many smashes from Ginasen, and there were 2 highlights for me in the game. One was which I took a shot from my deep-backhand, and put it right over the net. 1 point for us. =)

The next was when Ginasen cleared a smash from Daryl and it was my shot to take. I placed myself behind the shuttle, and smashed so hard, Ginasen couldn't retrieve. WOOT!! I couldn't believe I did that. This was only my second smash that was powerful enough (also got sound) that strong players couldn't take. What a shot it was. =)


We lost 21-19, but that was a damn fun game. The next was with my brother against another pair, which we have beaten before. But, we lost this time round 22-20. We tried a different style of play (the proper one according to Daryl). It was close, but we would've won if we were much more familiar with this style. All in all a good day for me. =)

Also, in the Korea Open, China only managed to secure 2 gold medals out of 4 they could have gotten. The best match was between Lee Hyun-Il and Lin Dan. If any of you didn't see the match, you must find a replay. It was so dramatic!! There were so many officials on court during match point for Lin Dan when a line-call was called in, and the umpire didn't overrule it. All of them were holding back the coaches and Lin Dan. Woot!! Never seen such a dramatic match before. In the end, the match went to Lee Hyun-Il.

That's all for now folks. =)

No comments: