Sunday, January 20, 2008

Delighted yet nervous

I'll blog about today's badminton training, because its one of my best ever!!!

As Daryl (or Darrel or whatever spelling there is) was the only one there today, he trained the smaller kids and he asked us (8 of us in total) to do footwork. We did 6 corners (the middle part is considered a corner =] ). 1 person follows the other player's movement on the opposite court, twice, then it was our turn to follow the other guy's footwork as well.

After that, Daryl asked us to do the same training he was trained before. That is by playing another team, and the difference between the points, that will be the number of push-ups that the losing team needs to do. So, it was Gabriel-Kean Weng and Justin-Sebastian, against the other 4 from Seafield. The first Seafield pair was definitely the stronger pair of the 4 pairs because of their fast movement and smashing capabilities.

Before the training started, I thought to myself, "How many push-ups would I need to do?". My brother and I was definitely not a pair to be reckon with ,yet. =)

Daryl's objective was to get us (the 2 above mentioned pairs) to do push-ups. But it was in vain lolx.

Gabriel-Kean Weng was in a class of their own (well, they're school reps). Daryl was shocked at how the Seafield people lost without even giving them a fight.

Then Daryl called me and my brother in. He told the Seafield pair our weaknesses, but it was still in vain. It never crossed my mind that we could beat those 2 pairs. So now, the 4 Seafield guys had to do their push-ups, while the 4 of us were happily chatting and drinking our water =).

So, Daryl still wanted us to do push-ups, so he teamed up with the strongest Seafield player and played against us. Gabriel-Kean Weng only had to do 3 push-ups, while my brother and I did 7.

So, today was an overall good day of badminton for me =).

But tomorrow, results will be out, so best of luck to everyone!!

No comments: