Friday, July 27, 2007

The "Fire" is gone...

"It was once blazing, with extreme heat and passion, dancing with the wind!...now, it is gone."




If the line above still clouds you with confusion, then, you haven't seen me play in a long while.

In plain english, my badminton is in an all-time low. Its gotten worse since my previous post. I just can't get my game right. Everything seems to be going wrong.


Shots that were easy before, have now become hard to play. I can't even get continously lob with Hee Ian from the back of the court. Its so frustrating!! *pulling hair*


Problems in my game:
-can't lob to the back of the court
-can't play net shots tightly
-can't play cross net
-can't drop shot from the back
-can't play backhand properly
-can't cross court smash like I use to
-can't play under pressure anymore
-can't play at fast speeds
-can't beat Hock Chin ( lol...never could, anyway)

So many problems in my game, but can't seem to rectify them.

And, my main problem is, I don't have any new motivation to push me to play badminton anymore. The fire in me, has been put out recently. I used to never give up, and keep pushing myself even though I was losing, especially against Hock Chin in Form 4 and sometimes in Form 5.

Ever since the beginning of semester 2 , I couldn't find my edge, my motivation, and my desire.

Now, Erik is even more motivated to beat me in badminton. And I don't blame him, because of the lack of desire in me to win anymore.

And, I can't improve on my game this week, as there isn't any training this weekend. The good thing is, I can finish up my law assignment on Intention.

My prime has come and gone, but hopefully not forever, and not for long...

No comments: