Sunday, August 24, 2008

Go-kart Day

Woke up around 7.30 this morning and we left the house at about 8 am.
Went to Glenmarie for breakfast.

The junior category started first, with the practice session. I only managed 11th fastest out of 16 people. My car was damn slow. But the car I would change to later on would still have the same problem.

After the adults had their turn, it was our turn now for qualifying.
I qualified 10th. My bro 8th, and my cousins 5th and 16th...=)

After that it was the adults again then there was a 10 minute break. Anyone who wanted to sit the 2 seater car, did so during this time.

Then our race started.

We did a rolling start. After the first corner, I could not see Seb who was right in front of me...dunno why. =(

I was racing with the 11th placed guy for sometime, until I lost out to him on the straight.

Then many people spun, *yes*, and I was at about 6th or 7th, until some small kid overtook me on the straight.

* I never get cars that are fast on the straights.

The last few laps, I felt like vomiting...haiz. Had to slow down to take a breath.

At the last corner, some girl overtook me...I thought it was my cousin, so I let her through...=(
*sad*.

In the end, I finish 8th, my bro 4th and my cousins finished 9th and 16th.

=)

No comments: