Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My MMORPG world

When was the first time any of you ever played an online game?

Me? It was during Form 2.

It was during Mrs. Ang's extra class on Sunday that I was first introduced into the online gaming world...thanks Rern Kent and Zhang Rei. =)

Ragnarok Online!!!

The best online game in the world. I played RO for about 6 months and that's when they decided to ask players to pay-2-play ( p2p). I was so edicted to the game. Played a swordie( became a knight until lv 58), and acolyte and a merchant. I even met many people during my journey there, like Yih Haur (at sewer), Samuel (can't remember) and Kee Siang( Morroc).

Managed to join a guild, Saint Empire VI. Met Netghost, Pike an UltimateHealer.

Those were the good old days of RO.

After that, went on to Gunbound. It was ok, but I could never really master the game, and after sometime ( the most 1 month), I got bored.

Still dreaming about RO, went to play a few private servers. Got hooked again, but then something was missing. The old gang wasn't there...then I left the private server scene.

Mid-form 3, I think, Justin Hee was talking about Maple Story. It didn't catch on to me at first, but then decided to give it a go. Played a mage and an archer, but neither characters reached above lv 20, and there wasn't much interaction between people in Maple (unlike RO), so again, I stopped playing Maple.

Gameflier introduced a new game when I was in Form 4, TS online. It was based on Chinese history and the usage of elements ( earth, wind, fire and water). This game may be kinda fun, but like GB and Maple, no interaction again.

Don't recall playing any online games throughout Form 5, until about 2 weeks before SPM!! Probably didn't do as much studying as others during this period.

WOLFTEAM!!!

It is one hell of a game!! An online first person shooter, and you can even change into a wolf!!
Never had this much interaction with other people before in other online games. Met many people from other states, and countries even. =)

To name my list of buddies, will take up a lot of my time ( not until so much la), but I will name those that I really really now.
(No particular order of favouritism)

Rife, Copbanger, Xiaoheizhu and Xiaobaizhu, dindin, Syaoran, Fizzy, Zachk, StickInMud, Precisionist, XiaoHeilang, Xiaofeizhu, Xiaofamily (xBabyboi), and some from RX, Elitewolf, The guys from the former Ragnarok, my current pride-mates TopFrags, and those from TopFrags2.

It has been quite an experience throughout the holidays. All of us were nearly playing 24/7...lolx, or should I say olo ( lolx, wonder who would know). But, good times had to end. School started, and everyone immediately became inactive.

Still, some come online to WT once in a while, but definitely, the once mighty TopFrags has fallen way below standard with all the other new prides. I kinda feel old when I play, because there are so many new prides, and all the low ranked players are getting quite good...or is it I'm getting worst.

Heizhu has been trying to get us to go for training sessions, but still, if only a small group go, there isn't much point, but I believe TopFrags can bring its good name back, when the regular players come back, hopefully during the holidays.

TopFrags
Leave No Man Behind

I too, have not been going into WT so often, partly due to the influence of Syaoran to play Maple again. Played an archer again, but this time, I'm lv 38...hehe. But now I've stopped again.

Now I'm playing Cabal online. Its a very fun game to play, as it never gets boring, even without interaction, as you are constantly doing quest. But it still lacks communication like RO and WT that makes it a damn freaking, amazing, fascinating, and interesting MMORPG to play.


Looking forward to continue to play WT during holidays, as well as 3 other online games. Battlefield Heroes, CS Online and

RAGNAROK ONLINE 2

It started with Raganrok, hopefully my online world doesn't end with Ragnarok.

Like Zhang Rei said. things that will never change in RO are, Prontera and Porings.

No comments: