Thursday, September 16, 2010

Una cena Italiana

"An Italian Dinner"

*I hope the title is correct italian...I used Google Translate...XD


My father's birthday dinner last night was at Prego, in Westin Hotel.
RM 40 buffet on pastas and pizzas.

My dad said that this promotion was probably aimed for hotel guests..cause he only saw the advertisement in the hotel lift.

So, we sat down and opened the mini menu from which we would be ordering our food from.
The good thing about this promotion, was that the pastas and pizzas come in small portions.

That means....VARIETY!!!! =D

ROUND 1
Spaghetti with prawns, mint and zucchini.
Penne amatriciana. (beef bacon in tomato sauce)
Orrecchiette with lamb sausage and broccoli
Pizza "wow suprema" (can't remember what was on it..=P)

ROUND 2
Farfalle Carbonara
Spaghetti with prawns, mint and zucchini
Spaghetti con le sarde (spaghetti with sardines)
Calzone Bomba (yet again..I can't remember what was inside)

ROUND 3
Spaghetti Aglio Olio e peperoncino (Garlic, olive oil, chilli)
Farfalle Puttanesca (olives, capers, anchovies, tomatoes)
Tagliatelle Guancia (beef cheeks marinated in red wine)
Piadina (some sort of Italian flat bread) with king oyster mushroom, provolone and rocket.

ROUND 4
Caesar Pizza (crab meat, chilli, fennel, romaine lettuce and some dressing)

ROUND 5 (dessert)
GELATO!!! =D

Didn't have any room left to try 2 other stuff.
Risoni in beef broth and chocolate pizza..=P


Oh..and when I first opened the menu..I was like a kid in a candy store. =D
It was so exciting seeing all the different ingredients that I've never or hardly tried, all the different pastas and stuff.
=D

I was a happy chappy. LOLS!!

MANGIA! MANGIA!!

Ciao!


No comments: